Instructions on installing 3D Java on Windows Vista

Report problems you have been having while using the 3D Java program.

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

PywareTechSupport
Site Admin

Post by PywareTechSupport » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:50 am

To install properly on Vista you will need to change a few setting temporarily.
(These settings apply to version 4.1.3 or Less)

1) Change the appearance to Windows Standard.
a. Right Click on the Desktop and choose Personalize.
b. Click on Window Color and Appearance
c. Click on Open classic appearance options
d . Choose the Windows Standard Color Scheme and press apply (Keep this window open or minimized so that you may return your scheme to the Windows Aero once the installation is done.)

2) Change the compatibility mode for the installer.
a. Locate the installer either on the disk or hard drive.
b. Right Click on the installer choose properties.
c. Click on the Compatibility tab
d. Check the box that says Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows XP Service Pack 2

3) Run the program as the administrator
a. Right Click on the installer and choose Run as Administrator

4) Follow the installation prompts and the program should install properly.

5) Once installed change your windows theme back to Windows Aero or Windows Vista Basic.
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support

bcasti

Installing on Vista

Post by bcasti » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:05 pm

I followed the directions exactly for installing, but I have to validate the program every time I open it. Otherwise it works fine. Running 3D Java v. 3.0.6

bcasti

Post by bcasti » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:16 pm

I have followed these directions 3 times. Each time the computer hangs when it tries to launch the program and validate for the first time. When I cancel out of the program using the task manager, I am then able to open the program but the validation problem persists.

Pyware
Site Admin

Post by Pyware » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:44 pm

The validation issue maybe being blocked by a firewall installed on the computer. I would suggest disabling it temporariy or creating an exception for the pyware software.

gruversm

Post by gruversm » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:34 pm

When will Pyware Java3D v.4 allow Windows Vista to operate in Aero mode, rather than WinXP compatibility mode?

Pyware
Site Admin

Post by Pyware » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:37 am

The Version 4.2 is a vista compatible version and does not require to run in compatibility mode of Windows XP. When you have the program open it will change the color scheme to windows Vista Basic. This is a conflict with the Java Virtual machine and the OS. We are currently investigating this. You should have no issues running in this color scheme.

cgoodwin

Re: Instructions on installing 3D Java on Windows Vista

Post by cgoodwin » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:26 pm

Since I'm not in a rush, I thought I'd ask this first before trying something and finding out I should have done it another way. My installer disk is for version 4.0 (or close to it) and I just got a new Vista machine. On my old machine, I upgraded the previous installation to 4.2. Since it seems difficult to install the pre-4.2 versions on Vista, is there a way to install just 4.2? Would the demo work? I vaguely remember using a demo a few years ago that asked for a serial number to activate it. If I didn't imagine that, does it still work that way?

Thanks for the help. Normally I'd just try it and find out, but I have to call on Monday to deactivate 2 of my installations anyway, so I wouldn't make much progress now anyway.

Pyware
Site Admin

Post by Pyware » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:35 am

Mr. Goodwin

I see that you contacted us via email please let me know if you have any other questions.

williamsb

Post by williamsb » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:06 pm

I have 3d java installer version win v.1.0.5 After several unsucessful attempts to install the software, I am asking for help. I tried following the directions in the forum and cannot change the installer to xp service pack 2... I cannot find the option to do that. any suggestions?

Pyware
Site Admin

Post by Pyware » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:26 pm

William

I am sorry but the version 1 of 3D Java will not work on Windows Vista at all. The last operating system that that version will run on is Windows XP.

mysticfalcon8

Post by mysticfalcon8 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:36 am

I am having issues with my pc running the program. I install it and then the pyware box pops up saying its loading the software for further installation (for validation etc) however the box then goes away and the program does not launch. I have repeated the install process multiple times on my machine with varying property set-ups (both in the pyware and windows settings) however it continues not to work. I tried to install it on my girlfriends machine and it fully installed and loaded up (where mine otherwise stops) and went to the validation screen.. Is there something else on my machine possibly keeping pyware from launching? Nothing I have tried works on mine, yet I have gotten it to fully install and load to validation on 3 other machines...

Pyware
Site Admin

Post by Pyware » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:14 am

Please email dustin@pyware.com or PM me with your serial number and a phone number that I may contact you at so that we may correct this issue for you.

jiajuntee

Post by jiajuntee » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:35 am

when i am installing the java pyware 3d in window 7...the computer is unable to install it n show me this dialog...
"This Application has Unexpectedly Quit: Invocation of this Java Application has caused an InvocationTargetException. This application will now exit. (LAX)"
how to resolve this problem....?
urgent!!!!
thx^^

Pyware
Site Admin

Post by Pyware » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:26 am

Please email dustin@pyware.com or PM me with your serial number and a phone number that I may contact you at so that we may correct this issue for you.