OS X 10.7 Lion Installation Info

Report problems you have been having while using the 3D Java program.

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

lakinweaver
OS X 10.7 Lion Installation Info

Post by lakinweaver » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:19 pm

Since Lion was released today, I chose to upgrade my Macbook to 10.7 and install a fresh copy of Pyware 3D v6.

As it turns out, there is an error after installation. The error message proclaims that it is missing the settings.txt file in the folder /Library/Application Support/Pyware 3D v6. When I navigated to said folder, the folder itself did not exist. Soooo... I created one, and copied over the settings.txt file found in the main Pyware 3D folder user Pyware 3D v6/lib/factory. Problem fixed, Pyware continued to install normally, copied the other files over to Application Support, and I had no issues.

This may be an isolated issue for my Macbook, but I thought someone would like to know. Pyware runs fine in 10.7, but installation is a little wonky in my experience.

My existing install on my iMac had no issues at all.

eparker

Re: OS X 10.7 Lion Installation Info

Post by eparker » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:22 am

Ok I am having the same error message. Where do I need to build this folder? I found the settings.txt file in my Factory folder through the Applications/Pyware 3D v6/ then I copied the settings.txt and dropped it in the Applications/Pyware 3D v6/lib folder, nothing happened other than the same error message.

The error message says /Library/Application Support/etc. is that different than the folder in my Application list? I can't find any /Library/Application Support folder on my macbookPro. Thanks for any ideas you have in advance!

eparker

Post by eparker » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:19 pm

Okay, problem solved. I wasn't in the Application Support system. Found it, made it, and it installed it. What a funny thing, but am I glad you were able to help me before writing time begins this weekend! Phew.

ep

lakinweaver

Post by lakinweaver » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:27 pm

I'm glad you were able to sort it out! I was very relieved when I realized I could just do it manually.

lakinweaver

Post by lakinweaver » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:28 pm

Also, I just realized I put this in the wrong forum at the outset. Could a mod move it into the Pyware forum? It relates to Pyware 3D, not iPAS. Doh.